Process for Writing
Your Expository Paper
When writing your paper, you need to think about everything a good paper has. You need to complete the following steps and will be graded upon how well you do your work. You can work with a partner or alone because you are in charge of your future!
1) Read the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad
Day and complete a Narrative Elements map.
2) Create a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting your bad day to
Alexander’s. To do this, go to the website
3) Plan your paper using the plan we practice in class.
4) Write your expository paper about why you had a bad day. Remember
that your paper will be graded on ideas, conventions, topic, organization,
sentence fluency, and word choice. Choose MILLION DOLLAR WORDS
when you can!!! Also, remember that similes can get you bonus points!
5) Have fun and do your best! :)
* You need to turn in all of your work to receive credit.*